User Posts: Sean
Parenting during Separation and Divorce

Any child who's parents are going through a divorce is going to experience a range of emotions to some degree. This could include emotional pain, feelings of ...

Legal Aid – Do I Qualify?

Divorce isn’t easy. Aside from the emotional distress it may cause, it can be easy to get lost in all the paperwork. If you can’t afford a lawyer or can’t do ...

How to Deal with Separation

Australian courts require that prior to applying for divorce a couple must be legally separated for at least 12 months. This period of separation can be very ...

Divorce solicitor – Do I really need one?

When you first separate from your partner, almost everybody you speak to will tell you that you need to get legal advice.  “Speak to a solicitor” they will say ...

User Articles: Sean
Sorry. Author have no articles yet
Browsing All Comments By: Sean
  1. Hi Sally, As far as I know there is no such day.

  2. Hi Lisa, yes the fee is paid by the person who files the application with the court.

  3. Gloria, I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, a court in Australia won’t be able to grant a divorce unless at least one of the people in the marriage lives in Australia. I wish you all the best with your situation, Sean.

  4. Hi Lisa, Although the wording in the example above is from a fathers point of view, the same advice applies for women.

  5. Hi Darrell, You can submit a joint application and prodiving the form is filled in correctly, everything should go smoothly. You can find more information on the government divorce website

Divorce in Australia
Enable registration in settings - general
Compare items
  • Total (0)